Recipe by mary winecoff
This recipe comes from an insert in my paper. Made by Sheila Suhan she says that it is a light and creamy cheesecake that she named after the 1967 Nilsson hit.
Top Review by Annacia
I can only judge my own experience with this recipe and it was excellent. I made it using Splenda for the sugar and egg white only as well as 95% fat free cream cheese and added a sprinkle of coconut shreds into the batter. I got a cheesecake with a lovely light texture that had a great little lime zip along with the coconut flavor. As I'm the only one who likes cheesecake here I made a 2 serving size cake and it was baked in 50 mins. Great little cheesecake Mary. Made for ZWT Witchin Kitchen
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) cansweetened cream coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crust: Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until just blended. Press in bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Filling: Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and beat well, scraping bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally. Scrape filling into crust.
- Bake 75 to 90 minutes, until center jiggles slightly when pan is tapped. Remove from oven and run a knife around inside of pan. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime wedges, if desired.