Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great pot luck or picnic recipe. One that is tried and true! It has a sweet-sour dressing that does not overpower the vegetables and pasta. It is one of my favorites! Give it a try and take it to your next picnic. You won’t be sorry!
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (Miracle Whip) or 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small cauliflower, broken into small florettes
- 1 bunch broccoli, broken into small florettes
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 1 (16 ounce) bag tri-color spiral pasta
- Cook pasta till done.
- Rinse well under cold water.
- Drain completely.
- In a large bowl add well drained pasta and all vegetables.
- Mix all dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Pour dressing over pasta and vegetables and mix gently until combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill till serving.
- *This recipe is easily doubled.
Delicious and beautiful salad. The sweet dressing is, as promised, not overpowering at all. I chilled it for 4 hours and the flavors developed nicely.