Recipe by alligirl
EASY! I found a recipe (or idea) from Paula Deen, and switched up a few things to suit myself. It is much simpler than original cordon bleu and the flavor is GREAT! I use country (salty) ham, as that is what I prefer...you may substitute your favorite deli ham, of course....This is great for company and pretty quick to throw together...so tasty, and they'll think you worked for hours!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
So easy and had a great flavor! Both my DSs ate this all! The only change I made was to use shredded cheese instead of sliced. Will use this breading recipe often, it has a great flavor. Made for ZWT8.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 slices country ham
- 4 slices baby swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pound chicken breasts flat.
- Combine flour, garlic powder, kosher salt and pepper in shallow pan.
- Mix eggs and milk to make egg wash in shallow bowl.
- Combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning and parmesan in separate shallow pan.
- Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture, then egg wash mixture, then coat breasts in bread crumb mixture.
- Place olive oil and butter in skillet over medium heat; place chicken breasts in skillet and brown on both sides.(3-4 minutes per side)
- Remove from skillet and place on baking sheet for 20 minutes to finish cooking in oven.
- Place ham and cheese on top of chicken breasts and return to oven 'til cheese is melted. (approximately 5 minutes).