Recipe by Mommy Bean
Rhubarb lovers rejoice! This will be your very favorite way to eat this unique fruit. Eat it warm with a great big squirt of whipping cream :)
- 4 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop rhubarb into 1 inch pieces and put into large pot.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups sugar, water, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Mix to combine.
- Heat on high until mixture comes to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until rhubarb is tender.
- Remove from heat an add strawberry jam and fresh strawberries.
- Stir to combine and let cool.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread the cooled mixture on bottom of 13x9 inch pan.
- Combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Work in eggs with hands until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over fruit mixture.
- Slowly pour melted butter over the top and sprinkle the cinnamon over melted butter.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, or until center is set.