Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
Your going to be addicted - don't blame me! This is the winning recipe of this week's Thursday magazine. The winner is a man for a change, Mr. Jitendra Mehta! Wonderful presentation, nutty, munchy and flavourful - he's made the day of millions today with his simple burger!
- 10 round buns
- 500 g boiled potatoes, divided (100 gms. for paste)
- 200 g peanuts
- 8 tablespoons oil, divided (2 tbsps. for paste)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry coconut powder
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons garam masala powder
- 1 pinch red chili powder
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- First, you have to prepare the main filling.
- For this,chop the potatoes into medium-sized cubes and keep aside.
- Heat 6 tbsps.
- of oil in a pan.
- Add the potato cubes.
- Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 1/2 tbsps.
- of garam masala powder.
- Continue cooking on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Add lime juice, salt, coconut powder and 5 tbsps.
- of water.
- Cook till the oil layer separates from the sides (this takes about 3 minutes).
- Now, start preparing the paste.
- For this, add 1 glass of water to the mashed potatoes.
- Heat 2 tbsps.
- of oil in a pan.
- Add the above liquid to the pan.
- Add the remaining garam masala powder, salt, sugar and lime juice.
- Stir well.
- Cook on medium flame for 5 minutes.
- Now, you have your liquid chutney ready.
- Next, you have to prepare the masala peanuts.
- For this, take peanuts in a small vessel.
- Add a tbsp.
- of oil, 1 tbsp.
- of garam masala and salt to taste to the peanuts.
- Mix well and there you have your masala peanuts ready.
- Now, to assemble your burger, make a groove in the bun by using your fingers.
- Open only one side of the bun.
- Now, you will see that a hollow is created in the bun.
- Spread 2 tbsps.
- of the liquid chutney inside the bun.
- Fill the bun with 2 tbsps.
- of the main filling.
- Add finely chopped onions and masala peanuts and a little more liquid chutney to the bun.
- Your D'Belli is now ready to serve.
- To add more flavour, you can heat or microwave the filled bun with a little butter applied on it.
- Munch down and Enjoy with a tall glass of your favourite smoothie/juice/iced beverage!