Before Dayton's was Marshall Field's (and before Marshall Field's was Macy's), this salad was sold in Dayton's Marketplace.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1/2 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, julienned (or diced)
- 1/4 medium white onion, minced
- 1/3 cup crisply fried crumbled bacon (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1In a large pot, cook potatoes with skins on until tender. Cool.
- 2Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- 3In a large bowl, combine potatoes with celery, bell pepper, onion and bacon.
- 4In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- 5Pour mayo mixture over potato mixture. Toss gently to mix.
- 6Add tomato and toss gently.
- 7Cover and refrigerate to chill.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dayton's Bacon, Tomato and Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 126.3
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 291.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.3 g