Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Before Dayton's was Marshall Field's (and before Marshall Field's was Macy's), this salad was sold in Dayton's Marketplace.
- 1 lb small red potato
- 1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 1⁄2 medium green bell pepper, julienned (or diced)
- 1⁄4 medium white onion, minced
- 1⁄3 cup crisply fried crumbled bacon (or more to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- In a large pot, cook potatoes with skins on until tender. Cool.
- Cut potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes with celery, bell pepper, onion and bacon.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, Dijon mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour mayo mixture over potato mixture. Toss gently to mix.
- Add tomato and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate to chill.