Recipe by SweetPeaNC
Growing up in a family of race fans, watching the Daytona 500 on TV was something we always looked forward to. Mom always made these wings to snack on during the race. Once upon a time these were called Wing Dings, but somewhere along the way they were renamed Daytona Wings.
- 25-30 chicken wings
- 236.59 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml water
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml vegetable oil
- 4.92 ml ground ginger
- 177.44 ml sherry wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except the wings in a large pitcher. Mix well.
- Place chicken wings in single layer in a 9" x 13" pan.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the wings.
- Marinate at least 2 hours, flipping wings once. Keep wings refrigerated while marinating.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Flip once during baking.