Recipe by Happy Harry #2
Another quick and healthly recipe from Andrew Weil,MD Cooking time is actually chilling time.
Top Review by Raichka
This is a great change of pace for breakfast if you like cereal/oatmeal. It's easy to throw together before bed. I leave out the applesauce (I don't usually have any around, use a little more soymilk, and add a little cinnamon.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- dried fruit, chopped nuts, ground flaxseed (optional)
- honey (optional) or maple syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in bowl and chill overnight. (If you like the dried fruits and nuts to be softer, add them also, at night.).
- Before serving, sprinkle with condiments.
- Taste before using the sweetener as it may be sweet enough for you.