Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Another quick and healthly recipe from Andrew Weil,MD Cooking time is actually chilling time.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 small apple, cored and diced
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk
- dried fruit, chopped nuts, ground flaxseed (optional)
- honey (optional) or maple syrup (optional)
- Mix first 4 ingredients together in bowl and chill overnight. (If you like the dried fruits and nuts to be softer, add them also, at night.).
- Before serving, sprinkle with condiments.
- Taste before using the sweetener as it may be sweet enough for you.
This is a great change of pace for breakfast if you like cereal/oatmeal. It's easy to throw together before bed. I leave out the applesauce (I don't usually have any around, use a little more soymilk, and add a little cinnamon.
I really liked this. It seemed like it might be runny so I added about a 1/4 cup more of oatmeal and I am glad that I did as I prefer my oatmeal thick rather than runny. I added a small amount of pecans and a light dusting of brown sugar. I will make this again. Thanks for posting!
Absolutely loved this! It is more like dessert than breakfast, without the guilt. I did add 1/2 tsp cinnamon and some chopped walnuts. Used organic vanilla soymilk and one granny smith apple. I didn't add the honey or maple syrup because it had just the right balance of sweet and tangy. Thanks for posting this delicious and easy recipe.