Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a posting to myself since I keep making the same changes to Pistachio Dessert and I want to remember my own tweaks.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 1 (6 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- Combine chocolate and pistachio pudding mixes and halve. Save the other half for the next time you make this (and you will).
- Using a pastry cutter, combine melted butter, pecans, flour, and sugar. Gently press into a 9x13 pan (or large/deep casserole dish).
- Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Take outside or put in fridge to cool quickly.
- Cream together cream cheese, powdered sugar, and Cool Whip. Spread onto cooled crust.
- Make combined pistachio and chocolate (half portion - 6 oz. total) pudding with 3 cups milk.
- Spread over cream cheese layer.
- Beat heavy cream with 1 t. vanilla instant pudding and 1 tablespoon powdered sugar until stiff peaked. Spread over top.
- Drag a toothpick or skewer in circles in and out to create a swirly design from the pudding into the whipped cream.
- Refrigerate 4 hours, or as long as you can stand it.