Recipe by CookbookCarrie
I made this up with my mountain of Thanksgiving leftovers. It was GREAT! Really pretty if you pipe the mashed potatoes onto the top with a pastry bag, or a large ziploc bag with the corner snipped off. Use any variation you like!
Top Review by Cilantro in Canada
This a very good recipe to use up leftovers. I skipped the pastry and cheese as I am trying to lower my calorie intake. It turned great without them. Very tasty and easy recipe. Thanks for the recipe
- 1 9 inch pie shell (for bottom only)
- 2 cups diced cooked turkey
- 1 cup prepared stuffing
- 3 -4 cups mashed potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 2 -3 cups leftover gravy
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 dashes maggi seasoning or 3 -4 dashes soy sauce
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet saute onion, celery,& carrots in the olive oil.
- Keep on medium heat until carrots are almost 1/2 cooked.
- Add a bit of water and steam if needed.
- Add turkey and Gravy and mix well then stir in salt, pepper, and Maggi seasoning.
- Leave on the heat until warmed through.
- In pie plate with crust, place stuffing in bottom and smush into an even layer with a cup or jar.
- Pour gravy mixture on top of the stuffing.
- Pipe mashed potatoes on top of the gravy mixture.
- I do "kisses" with lots of peaks all over.
- After 30 minutes, sprinkle top with parmesan cheese.
- Cook for 30 more minutes or until carrots are done (poke a fork in the cracks between the potato kisses).