Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
The last thing you want the day after Thanksgiving is another turkey dinner! Reinvent those leftovers into a yummy panini sandwich and have all the flavors you love in a new inventive way! This is also great any day you are craving Thanksgiving! Amounts are approximate. Use the amount you want for each sandwich!
- 2 slices bread, thick sliced, preferably day old
- 1⁄2 cup turkey gravy, leftover
- 2 ounces cooked turkey
- 1⁄4 cup turkey stuffing, leftover (aka dressing)
- 1⁄4 cup cranberry sauce
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 ounce monterey jack pepper cheese, sliced (any type of cheese is good)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread some cold gravy over one side of each slice of bread. Heat the rest of the gravy and use for dipping! On one piece of bread layer turkey and dressing/stuffing and cheese if desired. Top with some cranberry sauce and season with sage, salt and pepper if desired. Place other bread slice of top, gravy side down.
- Butter the outside of the sandwich on the each side. I butter the top of the sandwich and then lay the sandwich in the preheated pan with that buttered side now on the bottom. Now butter the new 'top' of the sandwich, close or cover and weigh down and toast til done.
- Toast to golden brown in a panini press or in a cast iron skillet with another pot or pan on top of sandwich with a heavy can weighing it down to 'press' the sandwich.