Prep 3 mins
Cook 0 mins
I started making this with the gravy-sliced bread in the middle after Monica on Friends described a sandwich like that. Add slices of tomato or add cranberry sauce, if you like (I prefer mine without).
- 3 slices homemade white bread or 3 slices whole wheat bread
- turkey gravy
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning, for chicken and turkey (Seasoning Mixture for Chicken and Turkey)
- lettuce leaf
- 1 slice turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup prepared stuffing
- Soak 1 slice bread in gravy about 2 minutes.
- Spread other 2 slices with mayonnaise mixed with the seasoning.
- On bottom slice of bread, layer the lettuce, turkey, the gravy-soaked slice of bread, stuffing& the top slice of bread.
Fabulous sandwich! I omitted the lettuce and added some jellied cranberry sauce. I am assuming this was supposed to be a hot sandwich? Anyway, I had mine that way...just microwaved the turkey, gravy and stuffing. I didn't used to like leftover turkey sandwiches, but now I do! Thanks!
Now this is what a turkey sandwich should be without all the extra bells and whistles!! I just saw this episode of Friends last night. I have used this seasoning #101943 mix from this site with regular chicken salad sandwiches and the flavor tastes great when left to meld. I got tons of turkey and can't wait to make some serious sandwiches! Thanks for posting.
I wish I could leave more than 5 stars, this sandwich is so good! This is perfect for folks who want turkey and stuffing without all the fuss. I did not add the lettuce leaves and served with whole cranberry sauce. My DH does not care for stuffing and enjoyed this sandwich a lot. Thank you so much echo echo for posting this recipe!