Recipe by Feast Your Eyes!
Twas the day after Thanksgiving and all through the house, the family was pleading with all of their might, "PLEASE, PLEASE NO MORE TURKEY TONIGHT!" If this little verse strikes a familiar cord, then turn your leftover turkey into this delicious entree, and I promise your family won't be complaining about eating turkey another night. Slices of turkey breast are garnished with a pumpkin chutney that is flavored with apples, currants, and warm spices.
- 1 tablespoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried currant
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 dash coarse salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slices turkey breast, cooked and skinned
Directions See How It's Made
- To a large, heavy-bottomed skillet combine the pumpkin spice, sugar, apple cider/juice, and vinegar; give a good stir.
- Add the apple, currants, onion, lemon zest, and red pepper; cook over a medium flame for 4 - 5 minutes, or until the apple is tender.
- Stir in the mashed pumpkin and salt; cook until warmed through.
- Remove the pumpkin chutney from the skillet; set aside while keeping warm.
- Wipe down the skillet and coat with the cooking spray; place over a medium-high flame until hot.
- Add the turkey breast slices to the heated skillet; cook 5 - 6 minutes, or until thoroughly heated - turning once.
- Serve with the pumpkin chutney.