Feast Your Eyes!'s Note:
Twas the day after Thanksgiving and all through the house, the family was pleading with all of their might, "PLEASE, PLEASE NO MORE TURKEY TONIGHT!" If this little verse strikes a familiar cord, then turn your leftover turkey into this delicious entree, and I promise your family won't be complaining about eating turkey another night. Slices of turkey breast are garnished with a pumpkin chutney that is flavored with apples, currants, and warm spices.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon ground pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or 3 tablespoons apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried currant
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 dash coarse salt
- nonstick cooking spray
- 8 slices turkey breast, cooked and skinned
- 1To a large, heavy-bottomed skillet combine the pumpkin spice, sugar, apple cider/juice, and vinegar; give a good stir.
- 2Add the apple, currants, onion, lemon zest, and red pepper; cook over a medium flame for 4 - 5 minutes, or until the apple is tender.
- 3Stir in the mashed pumpkin and salt; cook until warmed through.
- 4Remove the pumpkin chutney from the skillet; set aside while keeping warm.
- 5Wipe down the skillet and coat with the cooking spray; place over a medium-high flame until hot.
- 6Add the turkey breast slices to the heated skillet; cook 5 - 6 minutes, or until thoroughly heated - turning once.
- 7Serve with the pumpkin chutney.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Day-After-Thanksgiving Turkey Breast With Pumpkin Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.2
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: