Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a great way to use up some of your Thanksgiving and or Christmas leftovers.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sheets premade puff pastry, squares (4 x 4-inch)
- 1 cup turkey stuffing, cooked (leftover)
- 1 lb turkey meat (leftover)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- gravy (leftover)
- cranberry sauce (leftover)
- Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil 4 to 5 minutes; set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup leftover Thanksgiving turkey stuffing in the center of 2 puff pastry squares.
- Top the stuffing with 1/4 pound leftover turkey pieces.
- Top turkey with sauteed mushrooms and onions.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Beat together egg and milk.
- Place remaining 2 puff pastry squares over filling and seal with the milk and egg wash.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can serve this Thanksgiving Turkey Wellington with heated Thanksgiving gravy on top with cranberry sauce and your favorite vegetable.
Forgive the snobby remarks and enjoy this tasty, easy replica of a classic. Just because something isn't made in a traditional way, it shouldn't be judged in a condescending way.
My Husband and I loved this recipe. We used leftover thanksgiving turkey, dressing and turkey gravy. It was delicious ! Thank you for the recipe.
We LOVED this recipe! I prepared it slightly different by putting it in a pie dish with puff pastry on top and bottom. Served with gravy and a salad. Fantastic! Thanks so much Carla!