Recipe by - Carla -
This is a great way to use up some of your Thanksgiving and or Christmas leftovers.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 sheets premade puff pastry, squares (4 x 4-inch)
- 1 cup turkey stuffing, cooked (leftover)
- 1 lb turkey meat (leftover)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- gravy (leftover)
- cranberry sauce (leftover)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onions and mushrooms in olive oil 4 to 5 minutes; set aside.
- Place 1/4 cup leftover Thanksgiving turkey stuffing in the center of 2 puff pastry squares.
- Top the stuffing with 1/4 pound leftover turkey pieces.
- Top turkey with sauteed mushrooms and onions.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Beat together egg and milk.
- Place remaining 2 puff pastry squares over filling and seal with the milk and egg wash.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- You can serve this Thanksgiving Turkey Wellington with heated Thanksgiving gravy on top with cranberry sauce and your favorite vegetable.