Recipe by Nana Lee
This is a bit late, but just think of it as a head-start on NEXT Easter! Good way to use up those extra Easter eggs.
- 3⁄4 cup buttered fine breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4-1 cup cooked ham (or other meat)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups bechamel sauce
- 2 cups cooked potatoes (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with 1/3 of the crumbs.
- Cover with half the eggs, half the sauce, and half the meat.
- Repeat layers, finishing off with crumbs. Bake for 15-20 minutes until heated through and crumbs are browned.
- If desired, add leftover cooked potatoes or peas and a bit more sauce to the mixture for a heartier supper.
- BECHAMEL SAUCE:.
- This is nothing but a glorified white sauce.
- For 2 cups use 4 Tbs butter, melt in saucepan.
- Add 4 Tbs flour and mix as roux.
- Off heat, add 2 cups milk, stirring with whisk to keep from lumping.
- Put back on heat, med-low, and cook til thickened.