Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
This would be yummy for any day but it is Christmas inspired because I made it on Boxing Day morning out of leftovers I had floating around from Christmas day. Plus, after eating so much the day before it was kind of nice to start the next day with a healthy breakfast. If you use Splenda instead of sugar this is pretty diabetic friendly too.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this recipe using the Splenda & toasted cashews & almonds! Put it all together with a fat-free vanilla yogurt which we usually have on hand, but would definitely like to try it another time using the Greek yogurt (something I have to hunt for most of the time)! Absolutely love the use of those flavorful, tart, red berries where! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed for my chosen partner in the Vegetarian/Vegan Recipe Swap 18]
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons sugar or 4 teaspoons Splenda granular
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted mixed nuts (I used cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, brazil nuts & almonds)
- 1 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the cranberries in a saucepan with the orange juice and sugar or Splenda.
- Cover over a low heat for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently. You want the cranberries to pop and for the juices to have thickened up a good deal.
- At the same time as the cranberry mixture is cooking put another pan on a high heat and toast the nuts. Stir or toss them frequently to make sure they don't burn.
- Pour the cranberry mixture into two dessert bowls.
- Put 1/2 cup of yogurt on top of the cranberry mixture in each bowl.
- Sprinkle the nuts on top of the yogurt.