Recipe by babyparentingguide
This is for a diversified rotary diet. If you choose these spices, don't choose them again for at least 4 days. This is also a good recipe for those who want to cook with sausage but want a variety lower in fat or without nitrates, nitrites and other preservatives.
- 1 lb chicken, ground
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or 1 tablespoon safflower oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, without iodine
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, dried or 1 sprig fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together well and allow to sit refrigerated for 30 minutes before cooking so that the flavors can blend.
- If you have your butcher make ground dark meat chicken (like boneless thighs) then you can use less oil.
- To make this a morning sausage, add a sweetener and omit the pepper flakes, celery seed and tarragon. Our day 2 sweetener is maple syrup so it makes a great morning sausage.
- Most of the spices are from the mint family, which also includes basil. On our day 2 we also have tomatoes and peppers allowed along with buckwheat for our grain, so this makes for a good spaghetti (with buckwheat noodles).