Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is for a diversified rotary diet. If you choose these spices, don't choose them again for at least 4 days. This is also a good recipe for those who want to cook with sausage but want a variety lower in fat or without nitrates, nitrites and other preservatives.
- 1 lb pork, ground
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sea salt, without iodine
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- Mix all ingredients together well and allow to sit refrigerated for 30 minutes before cooking so that the flavors can blend.
- Use less oil for darker cuts of pork.
- To make this a morning sausage, add a sweetener and omit the garlic. Our day 1 sweetener is cane sugar or molasses which both work fine. I like using a darker sugar like turbinado.
- Most of the spices are from the mint family.