8 hrs 20 mins
This is for a diversified rotary diet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash collard greens and remove stems. Place in crock pot on low.
- 2In a skillet, cook bacon pieces until crispy.
- 3Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until onions are translucent.
- 4Add the brown sugar and cook for about 1 minute more.
- 5Add the bacon / onion mixture to the crock pot.
- 6Pour in the beef stock.
- 7Add the ham hock.
- 8Cook on low for 4 hours.
- 9After 4 hours, remove the ham hock and shred the meat off the bone, adding it back to the crock pot.
- 10Keep cooking on low for another 3-4 hours and serve.
- 11This will not be bitter, so no vinegar or extra sugar is needed. If you aren't on a rotation diet and you can use other seasonings, I'd suggest using a teaspoon of Tony Cachere's in place of the salt.
Browse Our Top Collard Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Day 1 Crock Pot Collard Greens
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 198.5
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 6.8 mg
- Sodium 1050.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: