Recipe by BamaKathy
My best friend, Dawn, is one of the best cooks I know. She keeps most of her recipes "secret" but now and then I beg her to give me one and she does. This is so good I just had to share with you (with her permission, of course!)
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, diced
- 1 (1 lb) bagfrozen white shoepeg corn
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups salsa (I use mild)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained,and rinsed well
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown chicken lightly in butter.
- Put chicken, onion, bell pepper, corn, salsa and crushed tomatoes into crockpot.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse black beans WELL (very important) until water runs clear, then add to slow cooker.
- Add Velvetta, cut into chunks so it will melt more quickly.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and chili powder for as much heat as you want.
- Cook one more hour on high in slow cooker.
- Serve with tortilla strips or alone.