Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Dawn made this dish for her daughters baby shower many years ago, and it was so good I begged her for the recipe... It is DELICIOUS on crackers, but it would be good on baquettes, and pita or bagel chips too. All I can say is YUMMMMMMMMmmmy! Cooking time means chill time too.
Top Review by MarielC
This is delicious. I've made it a few times and it's been a hit. The only change I make is that I take out the long spine bones from the canned salmon. The red salmon has more flavor, but I've also made this with other canned salmon and it's still great.
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons onions, diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can red salmon, everything in the can
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix gelatin, onion, lemon juice, and boiling water in a blender, on high speed, for 30 secs.
- Turn off, then add mayonnaise, dill, salt, pepper and salmon. Mix again on high speed.
- Remove cover, and slowly add cream. Mix again.
- Oil a mold. Pour mixture into mold, and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with crackers.