Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My friend Dawn sent me this recipe to try, and I did... It's like a pumpkiny custard on the bottom and crumb topping on top, and loaded with nuts. It's just plain WONDERFUL! Great anytime, but also for the holidays, and a lot easier and quicker than making a pie :D I made this for the Cake-A-Thon to honor Chef-I-Am October 2007. I know she would have loved this cake :) Here's to you Tina!
- 822.13 g can pumpkin puree
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.78 ml cinnamon
- 517.37 g box yellow cake mix
- 354.88 ml pecans, chopped
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, until well blended.
- Pour batter into a 9x13" greased pan.
- Sprinkle DRY cake mix on top, then cover with pecans.
- Pour melted margarine or butter over top.
- Bake 50-60 mins., or until golden brown.
- Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream on top.
This is delicious and a nice change from all the pumpkin pies. Everyone I've made it for (and who liked pumpkin) have loved it and I have been asked for the recipe by several people. It's so easy too. Thanks for sharing!
Delicious. I made it for a party and everyone loved it. I put the melted butter on and then the nuts and the nuts made the cake even better.
This is a fantastic treat!! Everyone loves and raves about this. So simple and delicious, it couldn't be better. Thanks for sharing (my family and friends thank you too!)