Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
My friend Dawn sent me this recipe to try, and I did... It's like a pumpkiny custard on the bottom and crumb topping on top, and loaded with nuts. It's just plain WONDERFUL! Great anytime, but also for the holidays, and a lot easier and quicker than making a pie :D I made this for the Cake-A-Thon to honor Chef-I-Am October 2007. I know she would have loved this cake :) Here's to you Tina!
Top Review by brenda
This is delicious and a nice change from all the pumpkin pies. Everyone I've made it for (and who liked pumpkin) have loved it and I have been asked for the recipe by several people. It's so easy too. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 (29 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a mixing bowl, combine first 6 ingredients, until well blended.
- Pour batter into a 9x13" greased pan.
- Sprinkle DRY cake mix on top, then cover with pecans.
- Pour melted margarine or butter over top.
- Bake 50-60 mins., or until golden brown.
- Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream on top.