Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from the first cookbook I ever purchased through a fundraiser for my church youth group. This is still one of favorite cookbooks and my most requested recipe.
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 2 cups pumpkin (I use Libby's.)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice or 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons total of your choice of baking spices (allspice, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Crack eggs in large mixing bowl. Break the yolks and mix together. Add sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Sift together dry ingrediants. Add sifted dry ingridiants alternatly with juice (or water,) mixing well between additions.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean.
Great tasting easy to make pumpkin bread! It is very moist and fast to make! I halved the recipe. Per personal tastes I think I would put a little extra spice next time. I also did need to cook about 20 extra minutes but it's probably because my loaf pans are a little large. Very tasty though can't wait for DH to get home and have some! Made for PAC Orphanage Spring 08