Recipe by cook from scratch
I got this recipe from the first cookbook I ever purchased through a fundraiser for my church youth group. This is still one of favorite cookbooks and my most requested recipe.
Top Review by Proud Veteran's wife
Great tasting easy to make pumpkin bread! It is very moist and fast to make! I halved the recipe. Per personal tastes I think I would put a little extra spice next time. I also did need to cook about 20 extra minutes but it's probably because my loaf pans are a little large. Very tasty though can't wait for DH to get home and have some! Made for PAC Orphanage Spring 08
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup corn oil
- 2 cups pumpkin (I use Libby's.)
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice or 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 teaspoons total of your choice of baking spices (allspice, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Crack eggs in large mixing bowl. Break the yolks and mix together. Add sugar and oil. Mix well.
- Sift together dry ingrediants. Add sifted dry ingridiants alternatly with juice (or water,) mixing well between additions.
- Fold in vanilla.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until an inserted knife comes out clean.