Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
I had this at a Christmas in July party in New Zealand a few years ago and finally got the recipe so I thought I'd post it. Enjoy!!!
- 1 bottle australian red wine
- 1 orange, quartered
- clove, stuck in the Orange skins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bay leaf (optional)
- brown sugar
- splash brandy (optional) or rum (optional)
- Put red wine, orange pieces, cinnamon sticks & bay leaf in a pan.
- Warm but do not boil. Keep warm for 5 – 10 mins to let flavours infuse.
- When warm add brown sugar to required sweetness.
- Add the brandy or rum for a little ‘oomph’.
In a word... HEAVEN! So yummy! It's autumn in New Zealand right now so this little drink is the perfect compliment to a nice cool day. Will make this again for friends and family during mid-winter Christmas (in July). Thanks for posting! Made for Pick A Chef - Spring 2010. :-)