1/1 Photo of Dawn's Favorite Low-Fat Chili
I make many types of chili, but my wife likes this version best. It is easy, virtually fat-free, and family-friendly. It makes a big pot but freezes well. I spice up my own bowl with hot sauce, jalapenos,fresh onion, whatever.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces veggie crumbles
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 19 ounces red kidney beans, undrained
- 19 ounces romano beans, undrained
- 19 ounces black beans, undrained
- 12 ounces corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried chipotle powder (optional)
- 1Using a large pot, saute the chopped vegetables in the olive oil until soft.
- 2Crumble in the fake meat and stir a bit.
- 3Add all of the canned stuff and stir.
- 4Add all of the seasonings and simmer for 30 minutes, adding a bit of water if you like it thinner.
- 5Taste and tweak; if you like it spicier I recommend the chipotle powder. Hot sauce will do it too.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dawn's Favorite Low-Fat Chili
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 249.7
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 565.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 14.3 g