Recipe by luvinlif2k
Quick and easy Tex-Mex for the table. Hubby isn't fond of some of the ingredients but all together he has found these a delightful addition to our menus. They even work well in frozen dinners.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup black olives, chopped
- 2 cups shredded cheddar monterey jack cheese
- 2 (20 ounce) cans red enchilada sauce
- 1 (15 7/8 ounce) package flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese for use over rolled enchiladas.
- Brown meat and onion in large frying pan.
- Add olives and mix in well.
- In large bowl, combine cheese and meat mixture.
- Mix well.
- In the frying pan, warm the tortillas, one at a time, (15 seconds per side) Place warm tortilla on flat surface.
- Spoon small amount of meat mixture along edge of tortilla and roll it up, (approx. 1/3 cup for quesadilla-size tortilla).
- Place enchilada seam side down in a 13x9-inch baking dish.
- Repeat until all tortillas have been used.
- Spoon any remaining meat mixture over the enchiladas and top with the enchilada sauce.
- Make sure that all parts of the enchilada are covered with sauce.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with sour cream and guacamole.