Recipe by Boomette
A recipe from the Ultimate Barbeque cookbook. I will do it for lunch. ETA : I can see why these are Dream Burgers. They are so tasty. A little bit sweet because of the sauce. Burgers are moist and were easy to cook on the barbecue.
Top Review by kellychris
At first, DH just stared at me (as if to say," I don't believe you made this"). Then I wish you could've been a fly on the wall to hear ALL the compliments flying. My family ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!! DD described it as "the source of happiness - on a plate." All the flavors blended together perfectly and it was so moist. Will definately be a repeat. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce or 9.85 ml hot sauce
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml quick oats
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 113.39 g bacon, cooked crisp
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine ketchup, dark brown sugar, honey, molasses, dry mustard, ginger, Worrcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Set sauce aside; reserve 1 cup of sauce.
- In a bowl, mix the egg, oats, onion, garlic powder, cooked bacon, cheddar cheese and ground beef, and 1/2 cup or a bit more of the reserved sauce, to moisten the meat.
- Make eight patties from mixture.
- Grill until cooked to your liking.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, baste burgers with the remaining sauce.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce and tomato.