Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A recipe from the Ultimate Barbeque cookbook. I will do it for lunch. ETA : I can see why these are Dream Burgers. They are so tasty. A little bit sweet because of the sauce. Burgers are moist and were easy to cook on the barbecue.
- 236.59 ml ketchup
- 118.29 ml dark brown sugar
- 59.14 ml honey
- 59.14 ml molasses
- 9.85 ml dry mustard
- 9.85 ml ground ginger
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce or 9.85 ml hot sauce
- 0.25 ml salt and pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 118.29 ml quick oats
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 113.39 g bacon, cooked crisp
- 226.79 g cheddar cheese, shredded
- 907.18 g lean ground beef
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Combine ketchup, dark brown sugar, honey, molasses, dry mustard, ginger, Worrcestershire sauce, Tabasco, salt and pepper in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Set sauce aside; reserve 1 cup of sauce.
- In a bowl, mix the egg, oats, onion, garlic powder, cooked bacon, cheddar cheese and ground beef, and 1/2 cup or a bit more of the reserved sauce, to moisten the meat.
- Make eight patties from mixture.
- Grill until cooked to your liking.
- During the last 5 minutes of cooking, baste burgers with the remaining sauce.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce and tomato.
At first, DH just stared at me (as if to say," I don't believe you made this"). Then I wish you could've been a fly on the wall to hear ALL the compliments flying. My family ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS!! DD described it as "the source of happiness - on a plate." All the flavors blended together perfectly and it was so moist. Will definately be a repeat. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
A great burger- moist and full of flavour. The sauce was just delicious...not overly sweet, with a gentle warmth from the ginger.
I'd like to try this using Gailanng's Honey Chipotle Barbecue Sauce#430587, (purely because we're addicted to it).
A top burger recipe Boomie, thanks for sharing it!!
Made for PRMR.
I am normally a purist when it comes to burgers, I want just meat and seasoning, then my toppings. Having said that, this was the tastiest burger I have ever had. It stayed together great and was just really flavorful. I did pan fry them because we don't have a grill. I hav ethe leftover sauce in the fridge and can't wait to use that for something soon. Yum.