Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I don't like sweet potatoes but my friend from work gave me this recipe and she's positive I will like them. I will test these and if they work out, I'll serve them for Thanksgiving.
- 6 large sweet potatoes
- 2 granny smith green apples
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted (1 stick)
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Put whole potatoes in a large pot of boiling water and cook potatoes in the skin until you can easily pierce them with a fork but they're not too soft, about 45 mins-1 hour. Add a pinch of salt to the water.
- When potatoes are done peel off the skin and slice them.
- Core and thinly slice the apples.
- Arrange the sliced potatoes in a 9x13-inch baking dish; pour the butter over them and sprinkle with the sugar.
- Layer over with the sliced apples and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized.