Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
The most delicious cupcakes/muffin etc in the world. Stole the recipe from a family friend and have made it many time..
- 125 g butter, softened
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1⁄2 cup coconut, dessicated
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 150 g raspberries (I use frozen ones)
- 60 g butter
- 160 g cream cheese, soft
- 2 teaspoons coconut essence
- 3 cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan forced) Line a 12 cup standard muffin tin with papers and set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. Add the sour cream.
- In another bowl mix together the flours and coconut.
- Combine the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the raspberries (or if going for a neater look add them by hand once the mix is in the cups).
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 full and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until a light golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave in tin to cool and then flip onto a cooling rack.
- ---To make the icing----.
- Combine the butter and the cream cheese and mix with a electric beater until fluffy.
- Add the coconut essence and the icing sugar gradually until the frosting is white and fluffy.
- Spread icing over cold cupcakes and decorate accordingly - I normally leave them plain.