Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A buffet of hot dogs and sausages with different variations to suit all your pigskin parties. Want some burgers with that? try Burger Variations :)
- 6 hot dogs
- 3 links smoked sausage
- 3 links chorizo sausages
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 green pepper, julienned
- 2 cups chili
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard
- 1 cup relish, pickled
- 12 hot dog buns
- Preheat the grill. Season the hot dogs, smoked sausage, and chorizo with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place all the dogs on the hot grill and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- In a saute pan, heat the remaining olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the julienne onions and pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Saute the vegetables for 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Remove from the heat. Remove the dogs from the grill and place in the buns.
- Garnish half of the hot dogs with chili, cheese, onions and mustard. Garnish the other half of the hot dogs with mustard and relish. Garnish the smoked sausages with Creole mustard. Garnish the Chorizo sausages with the sauteed onions and pepper.
- Place all the dogs on a large serving platter and serve with potato chips.
This is a great variation to your usual hotdogs/brats done on the grill. The family loves the idea of sauteed veggies for a topping. In this case I used red onion, yellow peppers and green peppers. I could not find creole mustard in the store and so used DS's favorite type of mustard, Koops brand of Arizona Heat. Used fresh brat buns from the local farmers market where they sell the RedRooster brand of bun that is baked fresh every morning. Wonderful taste all around and it made for a very satisfying and filling lunch for Dh and DS. Thanks for a winner/keeper Rick and Lynnda. Made for PhotoTag~