1/2 Photos of Dawa (African Cocktail)
Dawa means "medicine" or "magic potion" in Swahili. In other words, a dawa is said to be so potent that it will cure whatever ails you. The recipe is based on a famous Brazilian drink that was introduced to Kenya. It is now one of the most widely consumed cocktails in Kenya and has spread through out North and South Africa (especially in touristy regions). Recipe compiled through different sources while researching African Beverages. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put lime and sugar into a whisky tumbler.
- 2Crush limes slightly, add ice and pour in the vodka.
- 3At this point you twist a dawa stick into some honey and add the stick to the drink. A wooden honey stick or other type of stick twisted in honey will work.
- 4Muddle limes with dawa or honey stick. The more you crush the limes into the mixture and stir the sweeter the taste.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dawa (African Cocktail)
Serving Size: 1 (149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g