3 hrs 20 mins
Located in Philadelphia, this is a great Italian steakhouse for special occasions, celebrations, or just a fabulous night on the town. we've had this dish there as a first course, served over papparadelle, very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup onion, diced medium
- 1/2 cup carrot, diced medium
- 1/2 cup celery, diced medium
- 1/2 cup prosciutto, diced small
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal
- 1 lb ground pork
- 15 ounces peeled plum tomatoes, crushed
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup fresh basil or 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- salt & pepper, to taste method
- parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 1In a large sauce pot, cook the prosciutto until crispy.
- 2Add all vegetables and garlic and cook until soft.
- 3Add wine and reduce by half.
- 4Add meat and cook for 45 minutes on low.
- 5Drain fat and add tomatoes and tomato paste.
- 6Add basil and parsley.
- 7Simmer for 2 hours and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Serve with your favorite pasta,.
- 9Grate fresh cheese over all.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Davio's Bolognese Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.7
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.5 g
- Cholesterol 168.0 mg
- Sodium 196.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: