1/4 Photos of David's Spicy Shrimp - Pressure Cooker
Entered for safe-keeping, adapted from David Michaud, www.squidoo.com/pressure-cooker-recipes. I would do all that fine mincing in my food processor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g fresh shrimp
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 500 g whole fresh tomatoes or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can drained diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, minced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (or hot chilie pepper of your choice)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bay leaf
- fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1Peel the shrimp, remove the dark filament in the back. Rinse them and let them drain. Place them in a dish and spray them with lemon juice and reserve for Step xx.
- 2Scald the tomatoes, drain, put them under cold running water and then peel them and chop them in dices. (Anyone feeling like draining a can of diced tomatoes instead?).
- 3Prep the garlic, onion, thyme, and hot pepper. (My food processor is calling me.).
- 4Heat the oil in the pressure cooker. Add the minced mix and bay leaf and saute everything 3 minutes.
- 5Add diced tomatoes and shrimp. Mix well and salt to taste.
- 6Close the lid and bring to high pressure, then adjust to just maintain high pressure. Cook at pressure for 7 minutes.
- 7Turn heat off, remove pot from burner, and allow steam to escape and open the pot (following the recommendations of your pressure cooker, of course).
- 8Remove the lid, directing steam away from you.
- 9Thicken sauce at high heat for 2 minutes with the pot uncovered.
- 10Remove the bay leaf.
- 11Place shrimp with the sauce in a dish. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for David's Spicy Shrimp - Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.9
- Calories from Fat 271
- Total Fat 30.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 315.0 mg
- Sodium 1431.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh thyme sprigs