Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
I learned of this recipe through my friend David. It's so simple and oh so healthy (okay not really) but YUM! It's just fantastic.
- 2 lbs pork, cubed (or other meat)
- 1 (12 ounce) container sour cream (I prefer Top-the-Tater)
- 1 lb wide egg noodles
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 (7 ounce) cans mushrooms (drained) (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons steak sauce (HIGHLY recommend ( Bob's Country Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon mccormik's montreal steak spice (important)
- 1⁄4 cup beer (optional but recommended) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Cube meat.
- Mince garlic and chop onion
- Place onion, garlic, cubed meat, McCormik's Montreal Steak Spice, and olive oil in frying pan.
- Brown meat on medium heat.
- Pour water into frying pan until it almost covers the meat.
- Boil down until 1/3 of water is left in frying pan.
- Add beer, Bob's Country Sauce, mushrooms, and more water to until it almost covers the meat. (again).
- Boil down until 1/3 of water is left in the frying pan. (again).
- Add Top the Tater.
- Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Prepare Egg Noodles according to package.
- Spoon stroganoff mixture over noodles.