Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
My oldest boy loves orange flavored syrup. It's hard to find it in the store so I made some up for his birthday for pancakes. This is very rich and orangey so a little goes a long way.
- 12 ounces frozen concentrated orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup apricot nectar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon minced orange zest
- 2 3⁄4 ounces orange Jell-O
- Mix everything except Jell-O in pan.
- Boil together for 10 minutes, stirring so it doesn't burn.
- Sprinkle Jell-O over top; bring it back to a boil; cook for 10 more minutes, stirring.
- Pour into 1/2 pint jars; seal and water bath them for 30 minutes.