Recipe by Sooz Cooks
My hubby David used to work at Furr's cafeteria when he was in High School MANY years ago and he used to make these in big batches. But this is his custom version the way he likes it and everyone he ever made it for loves it too! We have it for most holidays and he takes it to potlucks too.
- 2 cups powdered sugar, not sifted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
- 1 cup Cool Whip (or whipped cream)
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, well drained
- 16 maraschino cherries
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together the powdered sugar and butter with a mixer. Add egg and.
- vanilla. Mix on high speed until fluffy, at least 5 minutes. Spread in the.
- bottom of the two pie shells and chill.
- Fold pineapple into the cool whip.
- Spread cool whip mixture over the mixture in the pie shells and chill again. Top with maraschino cherries.
- Cut this pie into 8 slices each because it is REALLY rich!