In Memory of my son who loved this. As a single Mom I use to combine ingredients that were filling..you know "lots for less". This was the only one that continued on and one of my very favorite meals. Hope it becomes a favorite for your family also. I guarantee you'll return for seconds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta in a large saucepan as you are preparing remaining ingredients.
- 2Fry bacon to a crispness in a large frying pan and remove to a paper towel leaving drippings in the pan.
- 3They will be absorbed.
- 4Break apart the ground beef into small chunks and brown in the bacon drippings adding the onion and the garlic.
- 5Stir frequently as the meat browns and the onion becomes translucent.
- 6Add the tomatoes and stir to mix thoroughly.
- 7Allow to cook a few minutes for the meat to absorb the flavors.
- 8Drain the cooked macaroni and add to the pan, again mixing well.
- 9Cook on a low flame until almost all juices are absorbed. Crumble bacon over the Goulash before serving.
- 10Leftovers taste better the next day, so don't be afraid you are making too much.
- 11Goes well with a salad and french or italian bread.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for David's Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.1
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 581.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 41.5 g