Recipe by Moonbugz_
In Memory of my son who loved this. As a single Mom I use to combine ingredients that were filling..you know "lots for less". This was the only one that continued on and one of my very favorite meals. Hope it becomes a favorite for your family also. I guarantee you'll return for seconds.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 6 slices cooked bacon
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan as you are preparing remaining ingredients.
- Fry bacon to a crispness in a large frying pan and remove to a paper towel leaving drippings in the pan.
- They will be absorbed.
- Break apart the ground beef into small chunks and brown in the bacon drippings adding the onion and the garlic.
- Stir frequently as the meat browns and the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and stir to mix thoroughly.
- Allow to cook a few minutes for the meat to absorb the flavors.
- Drain the cooked macaroni and add to the pan, again mixing well.
- Cook on a low flame until almost all juices are absorbed. Crumble bacon over the Goulash before serving.
- Leftovers taste better the next day, so don't be afraid you are making too much.
- Goes well with a salad and french or italian bread.