1/2 Photos of David's German Potato Salad
This is not your typical mayo based potato salad. It is very simple to make and simply delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the potatoes in their skin until they are done, but still firm.
- 2Drain the water, cover, and let cool for 1-2 hours.
- 3While the potatoes are cooling, dice the onion. In a coated frying pan, brown the onions until they are crispy.
- 4Peel the potatoes after they are done cooling.
- 5Slice the potatoes very thinly or into small diced chunks, if you prefer.
- 6Place in a large bowl.
- 7Add the browned onion and toss gently together.
- 8Combine oil, vinegar, and broth in a small bowl.
- 9Stir vinegar mixture into the potatoes.
- 10The consistency should be mushy. If too dry, add chicken stock or water, being sure not to make it too runny.
- 11Crisp some bacon, and stir it into the salad.
- 12Taste and add salt and pepper and more vinegar, if needed.
- 13Refrigerate for 2-3 hours, the longer the better.
- 14Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for David's German Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 5.1 mg
- Sodium 116.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 4.2 g