Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is always a favorite at our BBQs!
- skirt steak, cut in long steak
- 3 heads garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange juice (sour*)
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 cup Spanish olive oil
- Mash garlic, salt, and peppercorns into a paste, using a mortar and pestle. Stir in sour orange juice, onion, and oregano. Let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes or longer. Whisk the garlic-orange juice mixture with the olive oil until well blended.
- Pour into a large zip lock bag and marinate overnight (or at least a couple of hours).
- Grilling the Meat.
- Grill the marinated steaks outdoors on the barbecue. (Make sure your coals are hot and white!) You can cook them however you like your steak -- from rare to well done. However, the rarer the meat, the more tender and flavorful!
- *(If you can't get sour orange juice in your area, use two parts orange to one part lemon and one part lime).