Recipe by 911spatcher
I haven't tried this yet, but I plan to this week! Can sub heavy cream for the milk for added creaminess!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked quick-cooking grits
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3Qt sauce pot over medium high heat, add the butter, chicken broth, milk, dried oregano and salt. Bring to a boil. Slowly whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in the cheese, sour cream, sage and parsley. Whisk well to combine. Allow the cheese to melt giving the grits a creamy texture.