Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
An acclaimed chef in Colorado and nationwide, this is his dipping sauce for pot stickers etc. from chef2chef
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup chicken stock (or 1/3 bouillon cube in water)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mirin, Chinese sweet rice cooking wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame chili oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 slice ginger, 1/4 inch thick
- 2 scallions, sliced very thin
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Stir well to dissolve the sugar. Store in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Serve the dipping sauce at room temperature.
This was just ok. The flavor of the soy sauce so overwhelmed everything else it was hard to taste anything but soy sauce. I would recommend cutting back the soy sauce by half and adding a bit more of the other ingredients, especially the vinegar. Thanks for sharing.
Very simple and very delish! I made this as directed and served it with potstickers and everyone loved it - including the kids because it was very mild. Thanks Marra for a very nice dipping sauce.
I love this after I added a whole bunch of sugar. I like my dipping sauce a little on the sweet side like teriyaki sauce. I also heated it to bring out the flavors a bit. Thanks for sharing!