Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Watch film director David Lynch make his favorite quinoa recipe here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliMny3AvnE I tweaked it a little bit, estimating the amounts, following the cooking instructions on the quinoa package, and adding the bouillon before cooking.
- 1⁄2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 cup broccoli spear (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Braggs liquid aminos or 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Rinse your quinoa well in a mesh strainer (David Lynch didn't do this, but it is supposed to make your quinoa less bitter).
- Add the quinoa to a small saucepan, along with 1 cup of water, 1 veggie bouillon cube, and a pinch of sea salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cover again, and cook for 3 more minutes. Check the quinoa. If there is still water in the pan cook for 5 more minutes or until the water is absorbed.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add a Braggs Liquid Aminos and extra virgin olive oil to taste. Put on your favorite David Lynch movie, and enjoy!
It's really delicious! But very salty. I did it straight up the way he suggests, but did not add boullion. If you want fluffy quinoa, soak it a little before cooking, because it can be kind of pebbly if you don't. The broccoli is very nice with it, and Bragg's amino acids are delicious, when used sparingly. (There's minimal MSG in it...MSG is a migraine trigger for me, but Bragg's seems to be just fine.) It's a great, healthy lunch!