Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe found on David Lebovitz's blog. His recipe is from his book, "The Perfect Scoop." For those of you who don't know who he is, he's a former Chez Panisse pastry chef. I am posting this to go with Gérard Mulot's Dulce De Leche Macarons
- Preheat the oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Pour one can of sweetened condensed milk into a glass pie plate or shallow baking dish. Stir in a few flecks of sea salt.
- Set the pie plate within a larger pan, such as a roasting pan, and add hot water until it reaches halfway up the side of the pie plate.
- Cover the pie plate snugly with aluminum foil and bake for 1 to 1¼ hours. (Check a few times during baking and add more water to the roasting pan as necessary).
- Once the Dulce de Leche is nicely browned and caramelized, remove from the oven and let cool. Once cool, whisk until smooth.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Warm gently in a warm water bath or microwave oven before using.