4 hrs 35 mins
4 hrs 15 mins
carrie sheridan's Note:
a favorite of the late, great journalist and author
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Halve the tomatoes and place in olive oil with garlic, oil, basil and pepper flakes for 4 hours Drain out the olive oil.
- 2After marinading, fish out the garlic, chop and saute lightly in 1 T of the olive oil until lightly brown.
- 3Cook the angel hair according to the directions on the box. Be careful not to overcook.
- 4Drain pasta and then add the drained tomatoes.
- 5Top with grated parmesan.
- 6Top with the sauteed garlic.
- 7Add more parmesan to taste, if desired.
- 8This is especialy good if you mix one pint of red tomatoes with 1 pint of yellow ones.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for David Halberstam's "three-Bowler" Pasta With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (317 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.7
- Calories from Fat 326
- Total Fat 36.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 396.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 25.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh basil leaves