Prep 4 hrs 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
a favorite of the late, great journalist and author
Make and share this David Halberstam's "three-Bowler" Pasta With Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 pints grape-sized cherry tomatoes (red or yellow)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh basil leaf
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb of mullers angel hair pasta
- Halve the tomatoes and place in olive oil with garlic, oil, basil and pepper flakes for 4 hours Drain out the olive oil.
- After marinading, fish out the garlic, chop and saute lightly in 1 T of the olive oil until lightly brown.
- Cook the angel hair according to the directions on the box. Be careful not to overcook.
- Drain pasta and then add the drained tomatoes.
- Top with grated parmesan.
- Top with the sauteed garlic.
- Add more parmesan to taste, if desired.
- This is especialy good if you mix one pint of red tomatoes with 1 pint of yellow ones.