Recipe by invictus
My friend gave me this recipe and I guess she served to David Arquette at a band rehearsal and he loved them so she named them after him.
Top Review by HokiesMom
What a great little cookie recipe you have here Heidi! They made a perfect 24 little cookies. I used a coconut filled hershey kiss (spring special) and they were divine! I made the dough the day before and then wrapped and baked the next day. You do have to let this little guys cool a bit more than 1 minute though before removing from the pan - I'd suggest about 5. They roll nicely in the powdered sugar after being completely cooled as your instructions state. They were a hit at a soccer team meeting! Gone! Made for 123 Hits.
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup hershey's cocoa powder
- 12 ounces Hershey chocolate kisses
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla in large bowl until creamy. Stir together flour and cocoa; gradually add to butter mixture, stirring until well blended. Cover dough with heavy foil and refrigerate at least 1 hour, or until firm enough to handle and shape.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. While oven is heating, unwrap chocolate kisses. Mold a scant tablespoon of dough around each chocolate piece, covering completely. Shape into balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until set. Cool about 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. Roll in powdered sugar. Roll in sugar again just before serving.