Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
A nice variation of the classic Tomato and Cucumber Salad. This one adds a bit of cumin for an interesting flavor touch. You can also substitute balsamic vinegar for the white vinegar for a nice variation. (The total amount of diced tomatoes should be around 4 cups - it wouldn't fit in the ingredients line).
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 3⁄4 lbs plum tomatoes, cut into 1/3-inch dice (or vine-ripened)
- 1 lb seedless cucumber, cut into 1/3-inch dice (2 1/2 cups)
- 3⁄4 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sweet onion, finely chopped, such as Maui, Vidalia, Walla Walla
- Whisk together oil, lemon juice, vinegar, salt, cumin, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, parsley, and onion and stir to combine.
- Let stand at room temperature 10 minutes before serving.
We enjoyed this, loved the taste the cumin powder gave the recipe. Lovely and 'fresh' tasting. Thank you for posting.