Recipe by nkoprince08
I got this recipe from the Biggest Loser Cookbook. I have made it with both tofu and chicken and both times it tasted great!! When I use chicken I only use 6 oz. instead of the 12 oz. called for if using tofu. Very great taste, may be slightly too salty for some, but I really enjoy this dish!!
- 1 (12 ounce) package lite firm tofu, drained and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 whole green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1 cup fresh broccoli, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light teriyaki sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a nonstick wok or skillet over high heat until it is hot enough for a spritz of water to sizzle on it.
- With an oven mitt, briefly remove the pan from the heat to lightly mist with olive oil spray; heat for 3 seconds.
- Add the tofu, green onions, garlic, ginger, olive oil, and sesame oil; cook, stirring frequently, for about 12 minutes, or until the tofu is browned on all sides.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce and season with red-pepper; cook for 30 to 60 seconds, or until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Serve immediately.